Lately, I have been working on Gratitude! I have been trying to incorporate being thankful for what I have in my daily routine! It is a difficult habit, since we are all so used to complaining all the time that we just seem to run out of things to say, if we quit complaining!
Awful, don’t you think?
So, what am I doing: I’ve already talked to you about my gratitude journal here! Basically, at the end of each day I write in my journal 10 things I am grateful for!
And don’t get me wrong: this is not rocket science!!! I am grateful for little things, like the flowers that are starting to bloom in a tree in the park, for the wind in my face, for that amazing vegetable curry I ate for lunch ☺
Seems simple, uh? But it isn’t! Particularly in the bad days, when everything seems to go wrong! So, we start with our will power and right on the book EVERYDAY!!!!
Reading books about gratitude helps, too! Currently, I am reading Living Life as a Thank You, by Nina Lesowitz and Mary Beth Sammons. I am loving it ♡♡♡!
It is a collection of inspiring testimonies that will sure keep me on the right track! Additionally, it offers tips such as:
1) Keep a gratitude journal;
2) Go to bed smiling – do a mental list about things you appreciate in life;
3) Do a gratitude dance – every day and when you need during the day!
4) Appreciate your family, your friends, your co-workers;
5) Express appreciation – at home, at work, in your community; take the time to tell people how grateful you are!
6) Have a midday break and count your blessings!!!
7) When things are not going your way, think of “blessings in disguise”!
8) Take a walk in nature to notice beauty around you! Check the Rewild your life 30 day challenge!
9) Bring a group of friends together for a gratitude gathering!
10) Be grateful for you, take a moment to acknowledge your divinity, your perfection!!!!
I am so enjoying this and I do fell truly more happy!